Want to be a Notary Signing Agent


A specialized area of a Notary Public is in the mortgage industry.   Your title would be Notary Signing Agent, Loan Signing Specialist, Certified Signing Specialist or… depending on who is addressing you and their role in the industry.

Once you become a certified NSA you are in the position of notarize loan documents for clients/borrowers that purchase, sell or refinance their Real Estate properties.  You will identify the signers as impartial witness, make sure that all documents are property signed and dated, notarize the required documents of the package(usually 100-200 pages per loan; you have to make another copy for the borrower).

So, first things to do:  get a Notary Bond, E&O (Errors and Omissions insurance), Training and certification, shop for Notary basics, get a membership in a database that your future important clients will find you.

Get your social media accounts up and running.   Find a few at http://mobilenotarybiz.blogspot.com,  look for the “Add This” icons


There are several options for printing.  You need 2 trays, letter/legal, and a fast printer.  I have used the HP LaserJet 4350 for a few years and never had a problem.  You can also see tutorials if you would like to learn about maintenance or replace parts in Youtube.

About Sergio Musetti

Mobile Notary Public business, certified signing agent, Spanish translation interpreting, fingerprinting, Apostille service in California. Apostilla y traduccion. Loan Signing agent with National Notary Association since 2003 http://CaliforniaApostille.us http://WestSacramentoNotary.com
This entry was posted in Communications, Notary, notary business, Notary News, Notary Public, notary signing agent and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.